Dreamforce 2019: WalkMe’s Master Guide to a Successful Event
The world’s biggest technology conference is around the corner. More than 170,000 people are expected to attend Dreamforce 2019 in San Francisco this November.
Dreamforce is an annual, four-day event that convenes the entire Salesforce community to celebrate customer success and build new connections. With more than 2,000 sessions, certification opportunities, inspiring keynotes, and of course, dozens of parties, Dreamforce is a yearly highlight.
But getting the most out of a conference of this proportion can be difficult — if you’re not prepared.
In this guide to Dreamforce 2019, we’ll cover the ins and outs of this massive event, including:
How to make the most of your Dreamforce experience
Salesforce, the world’s leading CRM platform, does everything it can to make this event as life-changing and game-changing as possible for its attendees … and past attendees agree that it’s well worth the investment.
Below, we’ll dive a bit deeper into what Dreamforce is and why it’s such a massively successful event.
Dreamforce 2019. Nov 19-22. pic.twitter.com/LHuEdREmJR— Marc Benioff (@Benioff) October 11, 2019
What is Dreamforce?
Each Dreamforce conference is a little different but there is one thing that they all have in common: they are all extraordinary extravaganzas that can help shape careers, build connections, and transform businesses.
Here are a few highlights:
- Dreamforce brings in over 170,000 attendees, Salesforce customers, and Salesforce professionals.
- The event takes place over a 4-day period during the second half of each year.
- There are more than 2,700 workshops and sessions.
- Keynotes, fireside chats, summits, panels, and workshops cover a wide variety of topics, from personal empowerment to AI, and, of course, Salesforce itself.
Who will attend?
Attendees cover the gamut, including:
- Business owners
- Salespeople and marketers
- Teams from corporations in every industry
To name just a few.
As mentioned, there are many reasons to attend this grandiose conference, including:
- Gain in-depth insights from keynotes, workshops, panels, and keynotes.
- Connect with thousands of other professionals and business leaders from around the globe.
- Have fun – Dreamforce hosts parties, happy hours, and get-togethers all over the city.
- Improve your Salesforce competency and productivity (see the Dreamforce ROI calculator on the Salesforce website to see how attendance can boost your bottom line).
In short, when it comes to conferences, Dreamforce is one of the best investments you can make.
What to expect from Dreamforce 2019
As Salesforce says, Dreamforce is more than just a conference, “It’s an experience like no other.”
Here are a few things you can expect from the 2019 conference:
- The opening keynote will be from Marc Benioff and Keith Block, the Co-CEOs of Salesforce.
- A campus that is zoned into areas for specific specialties, such as an admin zone, a dev zone, each offering valuable sessions for those specialists.
- Over 2,700 sessions that cover a wide range of industries, products, themes, and roles, which include – but also extend far beyond – Salesforce skill development.
- Attendees can also save 50% on Salesforce certifications.
- The Dreamforce Trailblazer Community presents an opportunity to network with like-minded professionals.
Before attending, it is a good idea to identify your goals, then build a schedule that fits your needs and your aims.
On the agenda
When building your agenda, take the time to research all of the options. By choosing your “not-to-miss” sessions in advance, you can plan your schedule without stress.
Don’t miss WalkMe!
WalkMe is hosting three exciting sessions we think you’ll enjoy.
- Flip the Switch: Make your Lightning Migration Easy on your Employees. Kim Clark, Senior Manager of Technology Learning Programs, and Nick Johnson, Program Manager of Technology Learning at Robert Half International will discuss the importance of digital adoption to a seamless transition to Salesforce Lightning.
- Technology is Digital. Users are Human: Executive Insight to Digital Adoption. Leaders from CenturyLink, Mariott International, and Hitachi Ventura will talk about why so many companies struggle with software adoption during their digital transformations, and how to realize the full potential of their digital ecosystem.
- Migrate, Automate, Accelerate: Your Lightning Adoption Challenge Solved. WalkMe CEO Dan Adika will speak in-depth about the costs of poor digital adoption, and the many ways a Digital Adoption Platform can help organizations achieve maximum ROI and empower their users.
For the full list of sessions, click here.
When, where and how much?
Note: Dreamforce 2019 is already sold out, but you can still register with a code.
Here are some logistical details about the 2019 conference:
- Dates: November 19th through the 22nd
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Price: $1,999 before August 12th, after which prices will increase
- Lodging: Dreamforce has a hotel list, but those will likely fill up quickly – to save money, you may want to perform your own research or go through websites like Airbnb
- Daily schedule: Registration and badge pickup begins on Monday, with certification exams in the evening. The remaining days are packed with sessions during the daytime, and festivities in the evening.
For more details about the schedule, visit the Dreamforce website.
How to prepare for the conference
Here are a few things to make sure you have on hand during the event:
- A campus map – the event is spread out across town, so it’s important not to get lost when jumping between venues.
- A laptop, phone chargers, and extra batteries – the last thing you need is to run short of power when you’re taking notes, so bring all of the tech you need.
- A list of companies – do your research early, then find out which companies and exhibitors top your list.
- Your own WiFi point – if all attendees are relying on WiFi, then expect traffic jams and unreliable connections.
- Earplugs – the festivities can be loud, so you might want to protect your hearing.
- The right clothing and accessories – attendees wear professional attire during the conference but often change to more casual gear for the festivities.
- A reusable water bottle – Be prepared to go without disposable cups at the conference!
We’re committed to making #DF19 the most sustainable yet. This means committing to eliminating single-use plastic at our events.— Dreamforce (@Dreamforce) October 17, 2019
At #CNX19 and #TDX19, we partnered with @Cupanion. 💧💧💧 Check out these stats: https://t.co/g2aPvydIoe pic.twitter.com/aexLBhotjc
You may not need all of these items, but it is better to be prepared than underprepared.
As a final note – don’t forget to make time in your schedule to connect with our team!
Join WalkMe at Dreamforce 2019!
WalkMe will be joining thousands of other trailblazers at Dreamforce 2019 – will you be there?
Here’s how to connect with us:
- Find us at booth 520 in the Moscone Center. Come visit us! We’d love to meet you and start a conversation.
- This year’s theme: Lightning Fast Migration! The pressure is on to make the transition to Salesforce Lightning, but organizations are still holding off. This year, we will tell how WalkMe’s Digital Adoption Platform for Sales helps organizations get started with Lightning from Day 1. With WalkMe, Salesforce users can immediately benefit from all Lightning has to offer without impacting productivity.
- Schedule a meeting with us! We can’t wait to talk about all of the benefits of migrating to Salesforce Lightning, change management, software onboarding, and of course, how WalkMe can help.. If you’d like to schedule a time, get in touch today!
- WalkMe World Lunch. Join us on November 20th at 11:30 am to meet our team in person, connect with other customers, hear from our CEO and president, and enjoy drinks and food. Everyone is welcome!
- Who likes a little competition? Our customers are invited to participate in our first-ever Customer Demo Jam, for the chance to win a free conference pass to WalkMe Realize – our inaugural Digital Adoption Conference! We will be selecting three winners in the following categories 3 categories: Scalability, Visibility, and Productivity. Customers are invited to please apply by November 7th in WalkMe World.
- We have amazing speakers lined up. Leaders from Robert Half, Hitachi, Marriott, RedHat, and CenturyLink will be sharing their story on stage!
- PARTY!!! Our famous WalkMe Dreamforce Party will take place on the first night of Dreamforce, Tuesday, Nov. 19, from 8 PM to midnight at Temple Nightclub. Space is limited, so register early!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Get ready to party
Dreamforce presents an unparalleled opportunity for industry professionals to learn and network. But the event is just about business — Dreamforce is known for its top-tier parties, and there are a lot to choose from.
Here’s a list of the best events at Dreamforce 2019.
- WalkMe’s party is an annual favorite. This year, it will take place at Temple Night Club on Tuesday, Nov. 19, from 8:00 PM until midnight. If you haven’t registered yet, here’s your chance.
- The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals. This annual highlight is sponsored by Salesforce. In support of a worthy cause, the concert will take place Nov. 20 at Oracle Park. Click here to get your ticket.
- Karaoke for a Cause. PepUP Tech is hosting its third annual karaoke event on Monday, Nov. 18, at 7:30 P.M. at Pandora Karaoke. The party raises money to support tech training programs for underrepresented children and adults across the U.S. Sign up here.
- CRM Science Puzzle Party. If you love solving puzzles, playing Jenga, and many more sciencey past-times, you don’t want to miss this party on Nov. 19. Click here to register.
- CMO Confessions Cocktail Party. Marketers, this is one event that you won’t want to miss. Hosted by ON24, the party will take place Nov. 19th from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at The Chieftain. Find more info and registration details here.
- Ladies Be Architects. This pre-Dreamforce event will be held at Spaces Mission and 3rd on Monday, Nov. 18, from 6:30 P.M. – 9:00 P.M. Register here.
Who Is WalkMe?
WalkMe pioneered the Digital Adoption Platform (DAP), an indispensable digital training, analytics, and automation tool.
Using WalkMe for Salesforce onboarding and support can simplify the Salesforce experience, streamline training, and improve user productivity.
With on-screen guidance, step-by-step tutorials, and user analytics, the WalkMe platform can transform the way employees use Salesforce … and the value that organizations receive from Salesforce.
To learn more about WalkMe, come meet us at this year’s Dreamforce!