Is Your Employee Training Software Working?
The modern workplace is a digital workplace. As more and more work takes place on digital platforms, the importance of effective digital learning rises. However, traditional training methods are no longer up to par. The sheer volume of digital platforms, the complexity, and frequency of updates make onsite training ineffective and cause a drain on the budget, for instance. Moreover, during employee onboarding, immediate access to knowledge is a must — traditional in-person training methods could slow down progress and put new employees at a disadvantage.
Table of Contents hide
8 Questions to Ask When Choosing the Right Employee Training Software
Employee training software: A digital solution for the digital workplaceEnter employee training platforms. Employee training software offers significant advantages in today’s digitally driven work environment. The right training platforms can accomplish a few things, including:
- Reduced training time and greater knowledge retention
- Greater efficiency and lower costs with automation
- Experiential learning with more relevant information
- Shorter learning curve
- Higher levels of productivity
8 Questions to Ask When Choosing the Right Employee Training SoftwareChoosing the right employee training software is key employee success. Here are eight questions to ask yourself when evaluating training platforms:
1. Set your vision for the softwareWhere do you want this solution to take your company? What should it enable your workforce to achieve? Constructing a vision for your employee training program is essential to choosing the right one. Naturally, your vision’s scope may change after evaluating competitors. You may not have known, for instance, how capabilities like AI and contextualized learning can improve training effectiveness. However, having a clear vision will help you know what to look for when evaluating your options.
2. Clarify the purpose of the trainingIs it for general new employee onboarding, or is it for learning a new digital system? Enhancing a certain skill set? This question will help you narrow down the type of training software needed. Each platform works differently and offers different features. Understand what you need so you can weed out those that you don’t, right from the start.
3. What’s the budget?In other words, run through all the numbers.
- How much do you want to spend?
- How many employees will use it?
- Which tool will give you the most bang for your buck?