WalkMe’s New Version Available Today!
Hi everyone! We’re excited to announce that the latest latest release of our award-winning contextual UX and engagement platform, is available today for new and existing users! The new version delivers a fresh, modern look and introduces numerous enhancements and new features including engagement optimization, contextual promotions, proactive guidance, and advanced cross-selling capabilities. With these new features, companies can rapidly and effectively create the call-to-actions needed to guide and engage their users, customers, partners and employees on any website or web-based software. In addition, we’re happy to announce that WalkMe is now available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, which helps Oracle Cloud customers review and discover new solutions that address their business needs. Oracle Cloud customers can discover how to use WalkMe to end user-confusion, to provide real-time training, fastest onboarding, automated support, and to help Oracle Cloud users effectively adapt to changes in their workflow or when migrating from other systems. The newly released version includes some amazing contextual guidance and engagement features that help enterprises to eliminate online confusion, while at the same time increase efficiency and reduce costs. The platform guides, engages and drives users to action as they use software or websites.
See it for yourself www.walkme.comNew and innovative new features include:
- Proactive Guidance – WalkMe’s contextual guidance – in addition to being there to react to support requests – is also predictive and proactive. Through a series of predefined, easy-to-set rules, WalkMe is able to identify where a user is in the process and accurately initiate a guidance sequence called “Walk-Thru”. The Walk-Thru assists and leads the user step-by-step to successfully complete even the most complex processes. The WalkMe algorithm adapts and delivers the relevant guidance at each stage of the process.
- Cross-Application – WalkMe’s process guidance works across any combination of web-based business applications. A Walk-Thru’s step-by-step instructions enable workers to seamlessly complete complex processes, which involve multiple platforms, without the need to leave the screen. Cross-application capability ensures process efficiency and accuracy in a complex environment.
- Contextual Announcements – Using WalkMe’s contextualization engine, businesses can deliver timely and relevant announcement to specific customers. Whether a wishing someone a happy birthday or informing customers in Europe of a scheduled site maintenance during their afternoon hours. Contextual Announcement help you get the message across just in time and just in place.
- Error Handling – Safe Start enables your users with flexibility to start a Walk-Thru from anywhere. This redirect can occur automatically, without prompting the user. Prompt your users before the redirect by turning the Prompt User Button on. Set a custom “Dead End” message that will inform the user that a Walk-Thru cannot be started from that page.
- Multi-Environment Centralized Management – WalkMe provides one centralized place to manage Walk-Thrus that work in various complex environments. This includes HTML pages with multiple Domains, Frame Sets, iFrames, etc. WalkMe supports multiple environments to allow you to simulate the complete solution on your pre- production environments before it goes live to production. Allowing evolvement of your WalkMe services while customers are being engaged and guided by existing WalkMe services in production.
- Flow Tracker – built in Quality Assurance to make sure guidance is achieved. This tool was developed specifically to help you monitor what happens in your flows by showing step by step activity of a flow, as well as goals reached and other details regarding your account. Use this to debug your flows and understand what is happening while your Walk-Thrus are playing.
- Editor Tags – Our new Tags feature will help you organize items in the editor such as Walk-Thrus and Launchers into groups. Any item can be given multiple tags, and the list can then be filtered by selecting which tags to display. Tags are only visible in the editor and don’t affect what is published.
- Feedback – Our Feedback feature allows you to create survey balloons with different question types. Surveys can appear at the end of your Walk-Thrus and results are tracked through Analytics. Surveys can be used to collect feedback from users, to take polls, or to quiz users on whether they now understand how to complete a certain action.
- Multi Trigger – If there is than one link or button that the user could click to get to the same place, you can now have WalkMe advance to the next step using Multi Trigger.
- Sonar – Waiting for Conditions, Goals, or AutoPlays can now be based on elements that are hovered or clicked.
- Salesforce Search – For those of you using WalkMe with Salesforce, you now are able to search for a customer or contact within WalkMe search. Now the results will show below the flows.